4 osso bucco pork shanks
White wine, for cooking
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 branches of celery, diced
2 sprigs of thyme
2 bay leaves
3 apples, quartered
1/4 lb (110g) salted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1. In a skillet, brown the pork shanks Add salt and pepper.
2. Put the shanks in a slow cooker and add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaves, and a little white wine.
3. Cook for two hours at 325 °F (160 °C).
4. Remove the pork shanks. Set aside.
5. Remove the broth and vegetables from the slow cooker. Put them in a blender and blend until smooth.
6. In a skillet, brown the apples in butter at low heat. Deglaze with rum and add brown sugar. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes.
7. In a serving bowl, place a pork shank, add the broth and vegetable mix, and cover with caramelized apples. Serve.