4 pork chops, bone-in or boneless
½ cup parsley, chopped
½ cilantro, chopped
¼ cup dill, chopped
¼ cup oregano
½ cup shallots
1 tsp chili flakes
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
Half a lemon, zest and juice
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 sprig of thyme
1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and butter at high heat. Add thyme and garlic to flavour the oil.
3. Add chops to the pan and fry for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip midway through cooking for proper caramelization.
4. In a bowl, mix the parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallots, chili flakes, red wine vinegar, and the zest and juice of the lemon.
5. Once done, rest the meat in the covered pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve the pork chops in a plate and cover with chimichurri.
Note: This recipe pairs well with a salad or roast vegetables.